Rights & Disclaimer
Copyright and other important information are available on the Rights and Disclaimer page.
This will be a general cordial making workshop. I intend to make
Krupnikas – a Lithuanian honey and herb cordial. If you would like to make your own cordials, please bring a recipe, ingredients, and storage containers (bottles and jars).
When: Sunday, November 4, 2018 11am-5pm
Please park on street.
● Nagashima Ichiro Ujimich – Senechal
● Yem-Liu Targai
● Marion of York – Lieutenant of Fence (lapsed)
● Alienor Salton, – Ostgardr Seneschal, Lions End Webminister
● Duggmore, Castellan – Deputy Exchequer
● Arnborg Niálsdóttir – Exchequer
● Madeline Valentine
● Aquilina of the Sea Cliffs
● Iola Wulfsdotter – Deputy Herald, Recording Secretary Oct. 2018
● Jenna Childersley
● Bish – Herald
● Maeve – A&S, Chronicler
● Donnchadh mac Eoin – Deputy Herald
● Alec – Provincial Champion
● Balance of account is $3029.02
● Village of Farmiongdale is supposed to send us a $500 stipend for last demo/fair
● Stepped up to be Lions End Webminister
● Asked Uji to let her know what is needed
Lieutenant of Fence (lapsed)
● Working on reauthorizing
● Doing what he can to find deputies for all officer positions
● Uji suggested space at Nassau Community College
● Jenna suggested Greenvale Diner
● A polling was done online and diner was clearly the favorite
● Vote called – Diner for October (must call ahead to reserve space)
● Levittown Library cannot be used for quarterly meetings
● Arrows, Axes & Ales – Barony of An Dubhaigeainn
● Queens Farms Demo
● Cloisters Demo
● Lions Awaken – planning for April 6th or May 4th
A & S Workshops
● Kimchi workshop – October 6th
● Marion of York has offered use of her backyard for fencing practice
Greetings Good Gentles,
As some of you may know, Lions End is looking for deputies for all officer positions. We have two already who have stepped up to be Deputy Heralds.
There is nothing to fear. Deputies get to learn about the duties associated with being an officer, without having to do the paperwork. In a rare case such as mine, I went from a deputy to an officer in the blink of an eye. That shouldn’t happen to you.
The offices that we seek deputies for are: Seneschal (Chapter President), Exchequer (Treasurer), Chatelaine (newcomer’s officer), Chronicler (newsletter), Minister of Arts and Sciences, Webminister, Rapier Marshal, Archery/Thrown Weapons Marshal.
Yours In Service,
Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi
Lions End Seneschal
I received the following message from CiarLasse MacGregor, TI Liaison
Tournaments Illuminated Quest Request: Hints for Chroniclers. Kindly share this with your group.
From officers’ letters, event reports and award congratulations, to feature articles on history and how-to, recipe redactions, persona stories and poetry; newsletters offer much to enrich the SCA experience. They also serve communities beyond geographic borders — many guilds boast exemplary newsletters.
Chroniclers, what tips can you offer fellow officers on the never-ending search for content and relevance? What are your favorite sources and sites? How do you set yourself and your authors up for success? What are your popular features? Readers, in your SCA newsletters, what’s the first thing you turn to? What’s valuable to you? What’s fun? What would you like to see? Send your ideas and input (200-300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear in the 3rd Quarter 2018 issue of Tournaments Illuminated.
We will be making two styles of kimchi – sweet & tangy and medium-spicy. I will have hand-outs which include the recipes that we use, as well as some kimchi facts and history. I will be making and serving some lunch, plus there are numerous delivery options nearby. Everyone will get a chance to sample the kimchi at the end of the workshop. If you would like to take some home, please bring $5 and a suitable container (glass jar or tupperware-type container).
When Sat Oct 6, 2018 10am – 6pm Eastern Time – New York
Where 383 Littleworth Ln, Sea Cliff, NY 11579, USA (map)
July Lions End Commons
06 JULY 2018 at the home of Jenna Childslayerin Glen Head, NY
Minutes recorded by Iola Wulfsdotter of Acre Moderated by Jenna Childslayer
- Baronè Francesco Gaetano Grèco d’Edessa (“Bish”), Seneschal-Elect, Herald
- Countess Brekke Franksdottir, Previous Seneschal
- Jenna Childslayer, Commons Host
- Arnbiorg (Helga) Niálsdóttir, Exchequer, Østgärðr Captain of Archers & Thrown Weapons
- Marion of York, Lieutenant of Fence
- Duggmore Douglas, Chatelaine
- Iola (Yolah) Wulfsdotter of Acre
- Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi (Uji)
- Alexander MacLachlan, Østgärðr Deputy Seneschal, Østgärðr Captain of Fence
- Donnchadh MacEoin
- Madeline Valentine
- Suuder Saran, Viceroy of Østgärðr
- Lada Monguligin, Vicereine of Østgärðr
- Alienor Salton, Østgärðr Seneschal
- Mistress Katherine Barr, East Kingdom Seneschal
- Scott, Webminister
- Maeve of Abbyydorrney, Minister of A&S, Chronicler
- Exchequer – Arnbiorg Helga Niálsdóttir: Yes, we have money
- Herald – Baronè Francesco Gaetano Grèco d’Edessa: Still submitting Names & Devices
- Farmingdale Demo was a success. ° The firefighters wants us to return next Spring, around Father’s day. Maybe asking the firefighters to help with set up of the pavilion on Friday night for Saturday event
or the possibility of having a pavilion rented for us.
- Proposed: Adelphi A&S Demo ° Donnchadh has contact with the local SCA/D&D group on campus. And has put feelers out for a A&S Demo. Campus Security said the cannot be any martial activities, however we can display weapons. He is working with his Masters programs in late August. Inquiries are still being made on details.
- A ‘Recording Secretary’ should be chosen for every meeting. It can rotate through the attending people, submitted to the Seneschal, so the reports could be approved, which should then be entered swiftly; via Yahoo, Facebook &/or EK website ASAP.
- Reminder to keep side chatter to a minimal for the digital attendees. Technology is not perfect.
- Canton Status: Discussion of what having the canton go on hiatus would involve
- Presented Bish as volunteer for Seneschal, having published his intent & with the go-ahead from Kingdom.
- Unanimously decided by Lion’s End members NOT to allow the canton to go dormant. It is believed that if that were to happen, there would be a loss of Officers and interest, where we would not recover.
- Brekke stepped down at the June Commons, as Seneschal of Lions End. We have thanked her for all her hard work.
- Noted that a Deputy Seneschal was needed. Uji has agreed to become Deputy Seneschal and accepted by our new Seneschal.
- Note to the populace the following offices should not overlap as per conversation about Northpass:
- Knight Marshal
- A&S Minister
- Chancellor Minor
- Chronicler ~ The exception to this is Maeve, who is both A&S and Chronicler for many years. We are trying to get a deputy in place for her in one one or both offices. To move into a more primary role in the future.
- Mistress Katherine noted that this is not a hard rule, but a recommendation.
- Bish pointed-out that she is an Award Winning Chronicler
- All Lions End members attending voted unanimously for appointment of the new Seneschal
- Suuder: Confirm appointment
- Lada: Confirm appointment
- Piglet: Confirm with Lion’s End Membership approval
- Mistress Katherine: Defer to Crown Providence approval
- Iola & Donnchadh have agreed to become Deputy Heralds and accepted by our Herald.
- Scott is a good webminister, but he needs to follow up on Warrants so he can be Official. Finding him a 2nd Deputy Webminister might make things easier for him during his busy times.
- Bish requested a current census of members
- Brekke will supply Bish with a list
- Brekka & Jenna have already gone of said list & have identified 36 of 38 members of Lion’s End
- Proposed was change the schedule, day & place of meeting place, as two Friday evening meets have gathered 3-4x the attendance than the regular meetings.
- Rotating quarterly meetings; Jenna & Uji have volunteered to host upcoming meetings
- Proposed was the use of a local diner’s special event’s room
- Change day from Monday to Fridays
- Inquiries are being made to see if a quarterly schedule is possible with the current place, the Levittown Library, which would remain Monday nights.
- Picnic Day
Proposed was a gathering for a social Pot Luck for the membership of Lion’s End (including members of Acre & FALO, who are also members of Lions End) for a midAugust (date to be decided via polling) to be held at Brekke’s backyard in Farmingdale. Agreed budget for this event w/exchequer is $100.